This qualification forms part of the QA First Aid suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
• Resuscitation Council (UK)
• Assessment Principles for Regulated First Aid Qualifications
• Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
This QA qualification is
• For people who are required to provide emergency first aid to infants and/or children
• Based on the EYFS syllabus for emergency first aid courses
Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of first aider.
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations when looking after children.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare the Learner to develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide effective emergency first aid to children and infants.
This qualification is for anyone who cares for children and infants; including parents, guardians, grandparents or people who have a professional involvement with children and infants.